- There is a desperate need for the service FOOTPRINTS provides. One cannot escape from the reality that there are many patients all over the country wondering how they will get to treatment centers because of the burdens of cost and other considerations.
- Our non-profit, FOOTPRINTS in the Sky, enables these patients to reach their medical facilities, within a few hours flight time, using donated charter and business jets. Access to a nationwide network of business jets and the generosity of aviation entities make it possible to provide Free flights to those in need.
- FOOTPRINTS in the Sky is one of only two humanitarian flight organizations using primarily corporate and charter jets and we are unique in that we are the only organization of this type which has the capability and experience to operate turbo-prop and jet equipment as a bona fide flight operation using professional flight crews.
- The Flight Resource Group, LLC manages the flight operations for FOOTPRINTS in the Sky. This aircraft management, consulting and advanced flight training company has over 30 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- Our philosophy is based upon the fact that transportation by commercial airlines is not suitable for many patients, and private charter and air ambulance can cost in excess of $ 50,000. Additionally, scheduled air carriers only provide service to a relatively small number of airports. Corporate flight departments and Charter Operators often exist because companies or individuals need to travel to destinations not served by commercial air carriers.
- A Great thanks to New West Physicians for their generosity with a sizable donation, helping our cause tremendously!
- Thanks to a new partnership with the Goteborg, Sweden based company called The Avinode Marketplace, we now have access to new flight operations data daily. This provides us with access to hundreds of additional aircraft. We expect this to increase our efficiency tremendously !
- Pigs can Fly ! Based in San Luis Obispo, CA., PCF Aviation is an aircraft charter, rental, maintenance and flight school. They helped us with a desperate medical flight request recently and made a donation to FOOTPRINTS in the Sky. If you are in the area give Jim a call at (805) 783-2359 and say "thanks !"
- A special thanks to Majestic Jet (Ft Lauderdale), American Empire Limousine (New Jersey) for their invaluable assistance in providing transportation in the Air and on the Ground for our Miami patient traveling to New York for treatment.
- October, 2012 Another month with successful stories made possible by the giving and caring of number of individuals and companies.
- Please check out our NEW Online Application for Flight Requests.
- Look for our Footprints in the Sky listing at www.AviatiionServicesDirectory.com kindly donated by its publisher, Jim Matthews. We are listed under Medical Transportation Services
- Thank you to all for recent donations from corporations, individuals, patients, pilots and charter operations for our recent flight successes.
- A Jet donated by Club Jet Charter, based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota allowed us to help a young mother named Alexandra and her 2 year old son travel from the New York area to Cincinnati and its Children's Hospital for treatment. Read More
- Tammy and her daughter Coutney are now in the hands of the doctors at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore. Their Donated Flight, a Citation jet, left Denver Sunday with expenses for the fuel contributed by the family and several dozen people from around the country.
- "Help us bring Baby Maggie home for the holidays". And you did help! Their flight left Ogden, in a donated jet prop, on Tuesday morning and arrived in Rockport, Illinois to be greeted by family members later that day. Read More
- Click Here For Past Headlines